Dear Fountain, Warren and Vermillion County Residents,
I wanted to let you know about an opportunity to join our upcoming training session to become a Fountain County Court Appointed Special Advocate, or CASA. Training will begin October 28, 2015.
As you may know, CASAs are community members, like yourself, who serve as the voice of a child who has been abused or neglected in our community. CASAs can be residents of Fountain, Warren or Vermillion counties. You don’t need any special skills to be a CASA – you just need to have common sense and the willingness to speak up on behalf of a child.
In 2014, the Fountain County CASA Program advocated on behalf of a total of 79 children. In 2015, the number will be even higher. In order for each child to have a CASA, we need an additional 20 volunteers now. Together, we can form a partnership that gives abused and neglected children hope.
If you would like to learn more, please consider the following:
- Call me, Sue White, at 765-793-0741.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the Fountain County CASA Program website at www.fountaincasa.com
- Check out the National CASA website at www.casaforchildren.org
- Attend an informational meeting:
- Covington Public Library622 5th Street, Covington-Basement Meeting Room, September 29, 2015, 10:00am – 11:00am
b. Veedersburg West Central Regional Community Corrections Building, 101 North Main Street, Veedersburg, IN, October 5, 2015.7:00pm – 8:00pm
c. Attica Public Library, 305 South Perry Street, Attica, IN, October 7, 7:00pm – 8:00pm